Health Guarantee as Follows:
- We sell animals that are healthy at the time of transfer. A purchaser has the right to a full Veterinary examination at his/her expense on any animals to be purchased before they leave here.
- Our Vet charges $55 for a health certificate, which if you are flying them, is required.
- We will not feel any responsibility for the health of an animal purchased from us beyond 24 hours from the time it leaves the farm unless we are presented with a Vet’s official statement that the animal in question had a condition prior to transfer.
- The risk of loss transfers to new owners once the animal leaves our farm.
- We guarantee our goats are free of CAE, CL and Johnes, but you must test for this within one week of them arriving at your place.
- We try and test all our does at least once a year for Johnes and CAE, we don’t test for CL, Never had it and don’t expect to.
Babies Health Care
What will my new babies have had as far as health care?
- The dams of kids are vaccinated 30 days prior to kidding with CDT, that is for clostridium and Tetnus.
- At two weeks old they are dehorned, & givin a CDT.
- At 6 weeks old they get another CDT shot, and are wormed & tattooed.
- They have been fed alfalfa/grass hay free choice and some medicated goat starter pellets.
- We do not “Pre Treat” for coccidiosis, but do reccomend that the new owners treat for it if it becomes a problem. All goats carry this, and stress can bring it about.
- It is common for shipped kids get “shipping Fever” after arriving in their new home, due to stress, etc, Always watch your new arrivals for runny noses & eyes, & loose stools.